Electric Space Jelly
1.1.0 - Post-LD Patch
Results go live in a couple hours, so I can finally put out the first patch post-LD, based on the feedback I've been getting from the kind players who tried my game!
I received some feedback that ESJ's turning speed was too slow, which made some situations and navigation frustrating to play. I've tuned up ESJ's rotational speed, so that you have a bit more freedom and space to recover when moving to aim and pushing the planet.
- ESJ rotational speed increased from 2 to 3 degrees per frame
Arcade Mode Balancing
Arcade Mode was not playtested as much as Endless, and there was some pacing issues in early levels, as well as some difficulty spikes in later levels. The levels have been fine-tuned now, hopefully for a smoother experience.
- Stage 1: Length down from 3:00 to 1:00
- Stage 2: Length down from 3:00 to 1:00
- Stage 3: Length down from 3:00 to 2:00
- Stage 5: Spawn timers - Regular (20 > 40), Doubler (10 > 20)
- Stage 6: Length down from 3:00 to 2:30, Spawn timers - Regular (20 > 35), Doubler (30 > 50), Speeder (5 > 10)
- Stage 7: Length down from 3:00 to 2:00, Spawn timers - Doubler (5 > 10)
- Stage 8: Spawn timers - Speeder (2 > 3)
- Stage 9: Length down from 5:00 to 3:00, Spawn timers - Regular (20 > 30), Doubler (30 > 40), Speeder (10 > 20)
Quality of Life
- Arcade Mode: Timer now properly displays 00:00 when the stage is completed.
Get Electric Space Jelly
Leave a comment
Log in with your itch.io account to leave a comment.